A. After installing version 5.0 of either software package, you might encounter any of the following problems:
- The scroll wheel doesn't function.
- Neither horizontal nor vertical scrolling functions as expected.
- Programmable hotkey assignments don't function.
- Button assignments don't function.
- When you shut down your computer, you receive the error message "Type32.exe is not responding."
- When you shut down your computer, you receive the message "Point32.exe is not responding."
These errors will appear if the machine isn't running Windows 2000 Server Terminal Services. To resolve this problem, you can either install a patch from Microsoft that is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=22009 or start Terminal Services on your machine. To start Terminal Services from the command line, type
net start "terminal services"
To configure Terminal Services to start automatically at reboot, perform the following steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Computer Management snap-in (go to Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, and click Computer Management).
- Expand "Services and Applications," then select Services.
- Right-click Terminal Services and select Properties.
- Under "Startup type," change to Automatic, then click OK.