If your users have trouble telling you who they are, and where they are logged on from, try the following:
1. Use Regedt32 to navigate to:
2. Select the <No Name> value in the right hand pane and delete it
(It should have contained the current caption).
3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value.
4. Leave the Value Name blank and Select Data Type of REG_EXPAND_SZ
5. In the String box, type any one of the following lines (or make your own).
User: %UserName% on: %ComputerName%
6. Refresh the screen or logoff/logon.
7. The next time a user calls, have them read you the desktop caption of the My Computer icon.
NOTE: See tip 2001 for doing this in Windows 2000.