01. On a Macintosh, open Resedit.
02. Select a file of the new type you want to add and open it.
03. Click Get info for <filename>.
04. Record the Type and Creator.
05. On the SFM server, run File Manager (winfile.exe).
06. Go to Macfile and select Associate.
07. Click Add and fill in the Creator and Type from step 4. Click OK.
08. Select your new entry in the Macintosh Document Creator and Type window.
09. Type the 3 character extension in the File with MS-DOS Extensions drop-down box.
10. Click Associate.
11. Use regedt32 to verify that you new extension can be found at: