A. To install management packs, which add product-specific knowledge to MOM, perform the following steps:
- Start the MOM 2005 Administrator Console (Start, Programs, Microsoft Operations Manager 2005, Administrator Console).
- Right-click the Management Packs node of the MOM 2005 Administrator Console and select Import/Export Management Pack from the context menu.
- Click Next to the Import/Export Wizard Welcome screen.
- Select "Import Management Packs and/or reports" and click Next.
- Under the location dialog box, select the ManagementPacks folder of the MOM media, and click Next.
- Select the management packs to import (hold down Ctrl key to select multiple packs), as the figure shows and click Next.
- Click Finish to the confirmation dialog box. The management packs will begin loading, as the figure shows. After they're finished loading, click Close.
The new management packs will be visible under the Rule Groups node of Management Packs.