When you attempt to create a new network connection, you receive:
Error 711: Cannot load Remote Access Service Connection Manager.
The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 711 (0x2C7)
Incoming Connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access service which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log.
If the following services are disabled, you will experience this behavior:
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
Remote Access Connection Manager
To enable these services:
01. Right-click My Computer and press Manage.
02. Double-click Services and Applications.
03. Double-click Services.
04. Right-click Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and press Properties.
05. Select the General tab.
06. Set Startup type to Manual.
07. Press the Start button.
08. Press OK.
09. Right-click Remote Access Connection Manager and press Properties.
10. Select the General tab.
11. Set Startup type to Manual.
12. Press the Start button.
13. Press OK.
14. Right-click Telephony and press Properties.
15. Select the General tab.
16. Set Startup type to Manual.
17. Press the Start button.
18. Press OK.
NOTE: You may also be unable to install network adapters.