If you are an IT Pro or IT Manager in a school district then this whitepaper may help you answer a lot of questions about migrating your computers and devices to Windows 10.
A few weeks ago I shared another similar resource called the Windows 10 for Education TechNet Portal and in that article I briefly mentioned the Set Up School PCs App that can be used to move systems to Windows 10 in a classroom or single school scenario.
This new whitepaper, Deploy Windows 10 in a school district, goes into much greater detail about a district wide roll out of Windows 10 and provides information about all stages of that process from planning to maintenance/management of the entire districts IT infrastructure.
Here is the abstract:
"Responsible for deploying the Windows 10 operating system in your school district? Learn how to integrate your school environments with Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory Domain Services, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Deploy Windows 10 and apps to new devices, or upgrade existing devices to Windows 10. Manage staff, faculty, students, apps, and devices through a combination of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Intune, System Center Configuration Manager, and Group Policy."
The 69 page document (PDF, 946KB) is broken down into the following subject areas:
- Prepare for district deployment
- Select deployment and management methods
- Prepare the admin device
- Create and configure Office 365
- Select an Office 365 user account-creation method
- Bulk import users and group accounts into AD DS
- Bulk import user and group accounts into Office 365
- Assign user licenses for Azure AD Premium
- Create and configure a Windows Store for Business portal
- Plan for deployment
- Prepare for deployment
- Capture the reference image
- Prepare for device management
- Deploy Windows 10 to devices
- Maintain Windows devices and Office 365
As you can see this is an in-depth document that is intended to give you all the tools and information you need to perform migrations to most any number of devices.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Devs, and Devops? Check out IT/Dev Connections!