Xtreme Consulting has just released a brand new tool that will enable organizations to move workloads running in a VMware environment to Hyper-V.
The Xtreme VM Migrator provides several key features to provide a full VMware migration effort. Here's some of what it does:
- Auto-discovers existing VMware virtual machines
- Tracks virtual machine conversions
- Provides full automation and scheduling through an extensible platform
- Runs directly on top of Hyper-V and System Center
- Utilizes Microsoft own supported migration mechanisms
- Reduces downtime during conversion
Xtreme VM Migrator also takes advantage of existing System Center technologies as it provides an Integration Pack and sample Runbooks for System Center Orchestrator.
I'll have much more to share on this in the coming weeks as I'm scheduled to demo the product and talk with one of the lead developers, Tim Mintner, at System Center Universe during the last week of January.
If you'd like more information before I can provide it, however, you can contact Xtreme Consulting using the following email address: [email protected]