Telerik , a provider of end-to-end solutions for application development, automated testing, agile project management, reporting, and content management for Microsoft .NET developers, announced its Q3 2011 release, which adds improvements to 14 Telerik products. Among the highlights of Telerik's Q3 2011 release are new Silverlight, AJAX, and Windows Phone controls; WinForms touch and multi-touch support; data-access improvements for OpenAccess ORM, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) support in JustCode.
The following overview covers some of the updates offered in the Telerik Q3 2011 release. You can find more information about the new features on the What's New in Telerik's Q3 2011 Release page.
Silverlight. RadControls for Silverlight includes a number of new components: Virtualized WrapPanel, Calculator, TreeMap, Pivot Map, and a performance-optimized RadChartView. There's also a new RadControls for Silverlight website.
ASP.NET. Many new controls and enhancements for ASP.NET AJAX and MVC, Windows Phone, and WinForms are included in Telerik's Q3 2011 release:
- RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX includes two new controls: RadSocialShare for ASP.NET AJAX, which facilitates social networking integration, and OrganizationChart, which provides a hierarchal structure for visualized data.
- Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC includes additional HTML5 data visualizations with new pie and scattered chart controls.
- For Windows Phone 7, the Q3 2011 release includes eight new Mango-ready Windows Phone controls, such as ToolTip, Auto-Complete, and ProgressBar, as well as a variety of RadChart enhancements.
- RadControls for WinForms now offers multi-touch support and an updated RichTextBox control, whch provides native Microsoft Word-style text editing.
- All Telerik UI controls now include a Metro UI-inspired theme.
Using Telerik's RadSocialShare control
OpenAccess ORM. OpenAccess ORM includes an improved Stored Procedure Editor and new project templates, such as WebSite, Class Library, and MVC Application. These improvements make it easier and faster to get OpenAccess-enabled applications up and running in Visual Studio.
Productivity-tool enhancements. Telerik has refreshed its JustCode and JustTrace tools: JustCode now offers developers Async, CSS, and Razor support; JustTrace has new navigation and filtering capabilities.
You can learn more about the enhancements and Telerik products on Telerik's website.