Over the past century, the year 2020 has been the target of many bold predictions. In 1951, Nobel laureate Glenn Seaborg predicted that by 2020, it would be possible to breed intelligent apes capable of performing manual labor and driving cars. In the late 1990s, Cisco futurist Dave Evans forecasted that by 2020, predicting the future would be commonplace for the average person.
As we begin the new decade, most of us in the IT industry still have jobs, generally unthreatened by the skyrocketing primate workforce. Sadly, most of us also find ourselves without the ability to predict the future, leaving us worrying about what the coming year may hold for the world of enterprise IT. Well, fear not, dear reader. Some of the IT industry’s best-known brands for news and analysis have assembled a compendium of insight looking ahead at IT in 2020. These publications — Dark Reading, Data Center Knowledge, InformationWeek, ITPro Today and Network Computing — are all part of the growing family of media and events at Informa Tech, a part of Informa LLC.
As you’ll see in this digest of news, analysis and predictions for IT in 2020, Informa’s portfolio of IT publications offers a wide range of perspectives for IT professionals. Whether you’re a CIO, a data center operator, a network manager, a cybersecurity professional, or an IT generalist who wears many hats, you’ll likely find something in our portfolio targeted directly at you.
In short, our expert writers and sources have provided unique, thoughtful and diverse perspectives in a single publication that sets the stage for what’s ahead for IT in 2020. This report will cover the following:
- 8 Impactful Enterprise Technologies in 2020
- The Most Important Agile Trends to Follow in 2020
- Network Computing Looks Back at 2019 and Ahead at 2020
- A Hyperconvergence Progress Report: Has Kubernetes Stolen the Show?
- Welcome to Your Compact, Data-Driven, Generator-Free Data Center Future
- Defensive Wish List for 2020: Faster Responses to Threats
- Mega Breaches Are Forcing Us to a Passwordless World. Are We Finally Ready?
- 15 Technology Predictions for 2020