A. Exchange 2003 SP2 is available from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/downloads/2003/sp2/download.mspx and offers the following new features:
- Improvements to mobile clients. New Email, Calendar, Contact and Task notifications are directly pushed via an HTTP connection to devices with improved data compression. New policies exist that, if a mobile device is lost or misplaced, a local wipe will be performed after a defined number of incorrect logon attempts, thus preventing unauthorized users from getting access to private information. You can also initiate a remote wipe when needed, rendering the device "as new" with no data. A video is available at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/_assets/video/teched/final-mobilityv7-2mbps.wvx that shows some of the new mobile functionality.
- Improved spam protection. SP2 includes an updated Intelligent Message Filter (IMF), as well as support for the new Sender ID email authentication protocol.
- New maximum mailbox store size (up to 75GB)
- New offline address book format
- The ability to force remote clients to use cache mode
- More granular Public Folder replication and permissions management, which includes not allowing a replica of a public folder to be deleted while there is unreplicated data
- Support for Novell GroupWise 6.x connectors and migration tools