The subject problem will occur if the default sort order for Windows Explorer has been changed.
To correct the sort order:
1. Right-click the Start button and press Explore.
2. Scroll up and select the C: drive.
3. Change to a detail view by pressing Details on the View menu.
4. Press the Name column to change the sort order.
5. Hold down the CTRL key and press the X in the upper-right corner of the Window to exit explorer and save this setting.
6. Release the CTRL key.
7. Shutdown and restart your computer.