When you start a Web site that is hosted on Internet Information Services 5.0, one or more services may close. The System event log may post an error similar to:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None
Event ID: 7031
Description: The <IIS Service> service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.
You may also receive:
Server Application Unavailable
This behavior is indicative of you clearing the Cache ISAPI applications check box while configuring the IIS server.
To resolve this problem:
1. Start / Run / %systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc / OK.
2. Expand the computer name that you want to configure.
3. Right-click the Web site that you want to configure and press Properties.
4 Select the Home Directory tab.
5. Press the Configuration button.
6. Check the Cache ISAPI applications box.
7. Press Apply.
8. Press OK and OK.