If you have Canon printer drivers and software installed on your Windows 2000 computer, you may experience degraded performance. If open Task Manager, you may notice that the MPSERVIC.EXE process, part of the Canon Multipass Service, is consuming 90+ percent of the system resources.
To resolve this issue, uninstall and reinstall all the Canon software:
1. Restart Windows 2000 in Safe mode.
2. Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs
3. Select each entry for Canon software and press Remove.
4. When all of the Canon software has been removed, restart Windows 2000 normally.
5. Reinstall the Canon software.