To compare versions of a document created with the versions feature, you must open the versions you wish to compare.
- Open the document that includes versions.
- Choose File → Versions.
- Select a version from the Existing Versions list.
- Click Open.
The version is opened in a second window. You can now:
- Choose Window ? Compare Side by Side.
The Compare Side By Side command positions the two documents in windows next to each other, and enables synchronous scrolling so that you can look at the two documents efficiently.
- Use the Compare Side by Side toolbar to control synchronous scrolling.
- Save the version as a separate file. You can then use the Compare and Merge Documents command to compare the two versions, with changes shown as markup.