Date: Thursday April 23, 2020
Time: 2:00PM Eastern Time
Duration: 1 Hour
Hybrid cloud architectures have been common since the dawn of the cloud computing revolution in the mid-2000s. Over the past several years, however, the opportunities and challenges surrounding hybrid cloud have changed tremendously. The rise of multi-cloud means that many organizations now have more than one public cloud running within their hybrid cloud architectures, adding management and security challenges. New frameworks for building hybrid clouds, like Google Anthos and Azure Stack, have created novel opportunities for building more sophisticated hybrid clouds, but have also given rise to new challenges surrounding lock-in and management. The massive adoption of more complex infrastructure technologies that can run in hybrid clouds, like containers and Kubernetes, has had a similar effect.
For these reasons and more, it's high time for organizations to revisit their hybrid cloud strategies. This webinar offers insight into a variety of factors that IT teams should consider to modernize their hybrid clouds, including:
- Which workloads to run in which part of your hybrid cloud today.
- Why (or why not) to take advantage of frameworks like OpenStack, Anthos, Azure Stack or AWS Outposts as part of a hybrid strategy.
- Migration methods for moving workloads into, out of and within hybrid clouds.
- Challenges and solutions for securing modern hybrid clouds.
- Best practices for balancing hybrid cloud performance, cost and reliability.
If you have already registered, click here to access.
Christopher Tozzi is a technology analyst with subject matter expertise in cloud computing, application development, open source software, virtualization, containers and more. He also lectures at a major university in the Albany, New York, area. His book, “For Fun and Profit: A History of the Free and Open Source Software Revolution,” was published by MIT Press.
Sponsored By NetApp