Windows Insiders who have opted into the Fast Ring for new builds can now fire up their devices with Windows 10 Mobile build 10051 installed, which was released about 10 days ago, and grab an update to build 10052.
It is just an increment of one single digit but it fixes several issues that build 10051 had in it according to a blog post from the Ring Master - Gabe Aul.
Those fixes include:
- Flight mode can now be enabled.
- You can now disable data connections.
- We fixed the bug in which your phone’s MMS settings were lost after upgrading from Build 9941.
- We fixed the issue in which you couldn’t download keyboards for additional languages.
- We fixed the issue where the viewfinder in the Camera app gets composed incorrectly on some devices like the Lumia 1020.
Gabe verified via Twitter that this update does not include the Office preview apps that are expected by the end of the month as we reported on last week.
The Ring Master also verified that the issue with some bricked Nokia Lumia 520's has been addressed. The issue was actually with the official Windows Phone Recovery Tool, which has already been updated as Rod told you about yesterday. Since that software has been updated those devices can once again update to the new build of Windows 10 Mobile.
As for those phones such as the Nokia Lumia 930, Icon and 640XL which had scaling issues in build 10051 - that bug is fixed. The bad news is that this build does not support installation on your device however, the next build will include those handsets.
I suspect that build will be out sometime next week during BUILD 2015.