The main areas of improvements to DNS (Domain Name System) that were made in Windows Server 2003 are:
- Known issues were corrected.
- Automatic configuration of DNS when you use DCPromo.
- Application directory partitions.
- Stub zones.
- Conditional forwarders.
- DNS client Group Policy settings.
- DNS security extensions.
- DNS extension mechanism.
- DNS logging enhancements.
- Round robin update.
- Active Directory directory service domain rename.
See the Changes to DNS in Windows Server 2003 PowerPoint presentation at: