Before you can use the Automated System Recovery procedure, you must have the following items available:
- The ASR floppy disk.
- The ASR backup media.
- The Windows Server 2003 operating system CD-ROM.
- Any 3rd-party disk driver, on a floppy disk.
To begin the Automated System Recovery:
1. Insert the Windows Server 2003 operating system CD-ROM into your primary CD-ROM drive.
2. Restart your computer and press any key to boot from the CD-ROM when prompted.
3. If you have a 3rd-party disk driver on a floppy disk, press F6 when prompted.
4. When prompted during the text-mode Setup, press F2 to invoke ASR and receive a prompt to insert the ASR floppy disk.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. When the system reboots, you will need to press F6 if you have a 3rd-party disk driver on a floppy disk.
NOTE: If all nodes of a server cluster fail, and the quorum disk cannot be restored from a backup, use ASR on every node in the original cluster to restore the partition layout and disk signatures of all the quorum and non-quorum disks.