I once read somewhere that one of the primary things people do with their phones these days is to take pictures. I know I can vouch for that being one of the primary uses of my own Lumia 950 with Windows 10 Mobile.
On top of that as a self-proclaimed amateur photographer I also take a lot of images with my Nikon D5100 DSLR and work on those on my Windows 10 desktop.
However, what if you wanted to use the same graphics editing options on your Windows 10 Mobile device and Windows 10 desktop or tablet?
Are there enough options in the Windows Store from developers that provide the ability to use the same app on both of these platforms in the Windows ecosystem?
Well, I looked through the Windows Store and was surprised to find that it is possible to have the same editing tools on both class of devices.
Here are the top five highest rated ones, ranked by total number of ratings, I found in my search:
Adobe Photoshop Express (Contains In App Purchases)
7,341 ratings for an average of 3.6 Stars with 3,288 marked as 5 Stars.
- Basics: Crop, straighten, rotate and flip your photos, and remove red eye from your photos.
- Auto-fix: One-touch adjustments for brightness, exposure and shadows.
- Color: Slider controls for exposure, contrast, clarity, vibrance and more.
- One-touch filters: Choose from more than 15 eye-catching effects!!
- Get creative by adding the Looks Pack and Noise Reduction Pack. Available for free when you sign in with an Adobe ID. The Adobe Looks Pack gives your photos fun, fresh looks with even more one-touch filters. The Adobe Noise Reduction Pack minimizes unwanted grain and speckling in your photos.
PicsArt (Contains In App Purchases)
7,246 ratings for an average of 4.5 Stars with 5,147 marked as 5 Stars.
- A powerful mobile photo editor, providing a wide array of photo editing tools such as a clone tool, crop tool, photo blending and enhancement tool, text overlays, image overlays, layer editing, photo filters, camera layer, and hundreds of customizable brush filters, masks, shape masks, and more.
- Share beautiful images, discover other creatives, and connect with like-minded people. PicsArt is a social community for everyone—we welcome amateur artists and hobbyists. Enjoy instant sharing on PicsArt, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Dropbox, and via email.
- A collage maker to create photo collages in grids, collage frames, free-form, or with photos in the background. It is easy to make collages and share to Facebook and Instagram. With PicsArt it’s easy to create family and wedding collages, greeting cards, quick step-by-step tutorials, and more.
- A drawing suite, including artistic brushes, layers, stickers, and overlays. You can generate time-lapse videos of your drawing process and share them on YouTube.
Pic Collage (Contains In App Purchases)
1,834 ratings for an average of 4.7 Stars with 1,470 marked as 5 Stars.
- Import photos from your Pictures folder and web image search
- Simple touch gestures to rotate, resize, flick to delete
- Double-tap a photo to edit photo with Lumia photo effects, clip photos, adjust borders, copy/paste images, and "flip" stickers.
- Draw anything you want on your collage using Ink!
- Just tap on the lower-left Frame icon, and swipe to select a frame to make an instant collage!
- Clip photos by outlining the area you want with your finger
- Lots of backgrounds and stickers to decorate your collages with!
- Beautiful and seasonal templates to choose from
- Share your creations to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Print your collages out for free with your home printer
Phototastic Collage (Contains In App Purchases)
1,558 ratings for an average of 4.4 Stars with 1,008 marked as 5 Stars.
- This app is packed with unlimited possibilities for creating your perfect photo collage!
- Keep it simple using a classic design or get fancy with our one of our uniquely designed templates. With 100's to choose you'll never get bored!
- For the finishing touch apply a photo effect, some stickers and text.
Fhotoroom (Contains In App Purchases)
1,397 ratings for an average of 3.6 Stars with 616 marked as 5 Stars.
- Fhotoroom is one of the most advanced non-destructive image editors that utilizes a completely unique way of editing photos. With a common and friendly user interface, fhotoroom's unique method of photo editing allows for larger previews and faster interactive editing making photo editing and experimenting a joy even with large photos.
- Share your photos with one of the fast growing community of photography lovers, where every member joined because they wanted to be part of a great community rather than forced just to get access to the most powerful photo app.
So what is your favorite image editing app from the Windows Store?