Q: How do I change the certificate used by Windows Server 2012 R2's Work Folders?
A: By default, Work Folders uses a self-signed certificate. To change the certificate, perform the following steps:
- Install the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager console via Server Manager or PowerShell.
- Launch the IIS Manager and navigate to Sites.
- The default website will show as stopped, but ignore this—it's because Work Folders uses the IIS Hostable Web Core rather than traditional IIS. Select this website.
- Select the Bindings action.
- Click Add, specify HTTPS, select the certificate you added, and click OK.
Note that this process assumes you've already requested and installed a certificate you want to use that includes an alternate subject name of workfolders.<domain>.