Q: How do I use Server Manager to set the Remote Desktop Licensing mode for Windows Server 2012 RDS deployment?
A: Remote Desktop Services management is fully integrated into Server Manager with Windows Server 2012; however, setting the RDS licensing mode isn't obvious, initially.
- Open Server Manager.
- Navigate to the Remote Desktop Services navigation area.
- Select the Overview branch.
- Under the Deployment Overview area, select Edit Deployment Properties from the Tasks menu.
- Select the RD Licensing page of the displayed dialog.
- Specify the licensing mode and the license server, then click OK.