When you right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, press Properties, select the Network Identification tab, and press Properties, both the Domain and Workgroup boxes are unavailable?
This problem is symptomatic of NOT having the Client for Microsoft Networks installed.
To fix this problem:
1. Right-click My Network Places and press Properties.
2. Right-click the Local Area Connection icon and press Properties.
3. Press the Install button.
4. Select Client and press the Add button.
5. Select Client for Microsoft Networks and press OK.
6. Press OK in the Local Area Connections Properties window.