A. In Office 2000, in particular Word 2000, when you move through a Word document using the scroll bar the page update happens dynamically. Under Word 97 the update does not occur until you release the mouse button. Live scrolling can be enabled under Word 97 as follows:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Word\Options
- From the Edit menu select New - String Value
- Enter a name of LiveScrolling and press Enter
- Double click the new value and set to 1. Click OK
- Restart Word and the screen will update as you move the scroll bar and not just when its released.