When you attempt to play some Microsoft games, you receive a message similar to:
Game requires Administrative rights to play.
This behavior occurs when you are logged on as a limited user.
To workaround this issue:
1. Make sure that Runas is enabled.
2. Right-click a blank area of the desktop and press New and Shortcut.
3. Type the following into the Type the location of the item and press Next:
RUNAS /noprofile /savecred /user:"%ComputerName%\Administrator" "<Full Path to Game.EXE>"
4. Type the name of the game into the Type a name for this shortcut box and press Finish.
The first time that you double-click the shortcut, you will be prompted for the Administrator password.
NOTE: This behavior has been observed with the following games:
• Microsoft Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings • Microsoft Age of Mythology • Microsoft Age of Mythology: Gold Edition • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Standard Edition • Microsoft Rise of Nations