When you attempt to renew your IP address using the Ipconfig command, you receive following message:
An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection. The system cannot find the file specified.
or the command returns an IP address and or subnet mask of 0.0.0.0.
To resolve this issue:
01. Shutdown and restart your computer.
02. Turn off any firewall. To turn off the Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall (ICF):
A. Control Panel / Network and Internet Connections / Network Connections.
B. Right-click your connection and press Properties.
C. Select the Advanced tab.
D. Clear the Internet Connection Firewall check box.
E. Press OK.
03. Test to see if the problem is resolved. If it is, exit this procedure.
04. Start / Run / devmgmt.msc / OK.
05. Expand Network Adapters and verify that your network adapter is listed. If it is NOT listed, test Ipconfig after performing each of the following, exiting this procedure once the problem is resolved:
A. Update or reinstall the driver.
B. Move the adapter to another slot and reinstall it.
C. Replace your network adapter.
06. Start / Run / services.msc / OK.
07. Verify that the DHCP Client service is running. If it is stopped, right-click the DHCP Client and press Start. If the service does NOT start, check for dependencies:
Start / Run / regedit / OK.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\DHCP.
Double-click the DependOnService Value Name in the right-hand pane, a REG_MULTI_SZ data type, and make sure that the data value is:
Shutdown and restart your computer.
Verify that the DHCP Client service is running.