You experience the subject difficulty in a peer-to-peer network if you disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on one or more computers in the workgroup and the Computer Browser service is NOT started on one or more computers in the workgroup.
You may receive the following error when you double-click My Network Places:
<Workgroup Name> is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource.
To resolve the problem, perform the following on every computer in the workgroup:
01. Control Panel / \[Network and Internet Connections\] / Network Connections.
02. Right-click Local Area Connection and press Properties.
03. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and press Properties.
04. On the General tab, press Advanced.
05. On the WINS tab, check Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP and press OK.
06. Press OK and Close.
07. Right-click My Computer and press Manage.
08. Expand Services and Applications.
09. If the Computer Browser service is NOT started, right-click Computer Browser and press Start. Right-click Computer Browser and press Properties. Set Startup type to Automatic and press Apply and OK.