When you attempt to connect to the Internet via a PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) connection, you receive on of the following errors:
Error 769: The specific destination is not reachable.
Error 769: Either you specified a destination address that is not valid, or your remote server is down.
If your network card, NIC, is Disabled, you will experience this problem.
To resolve this issue:
1. Control Panel / \[Performance and Maintenance\] / System.
2. Select the Hardware tab.
3. Press the Device Manager button.
4. Expand Network adapters.
5. Select (highlight) your NIC and press Enable on the Action menu.
6. Exit Device Manager.
7. Control Panel / \[Network and Internet Connections\] / double-click Network Connections.
8. In Network Tasks, press the Network Setup Wizard and follow the instructions.
9. When complete, restart your computer.