When you insert a CD into your CD-ROM, you hear CD audio, but the audio cable is NOT connected?
If your sound card driver supports Digital Audio Extraction, you will experience this phenomenon.
To disable the digital audio playback feature of your CD-ROM:
1. Open the System applet in Control Panel.
2. Select the Hardware tab.
3. Press Device Manager.
4. Press the + sign to expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
5. Right-click the drive and select the Properties tab.
6. Clear the Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device box.
7. Press OK.
8. Press File / Exit to close Device Manager.
NOTE: Some CD-ROM devices that support Digital Audio Extraction are:
IDE: HP CD-Writer+ 8100i
SCSI: HP CD-Writer 6020i
SCSI: TEAC CD-ROM CD-532S