Your Windows NT 4.0 DNS server is unable to resolve FQDNs ( Fully Qualified Domain Name s) and the System event log contains:
Event ID: 453 DNS Server sendto () function failed. The data is in error. Event ID 7053: (Error) DNS_EVENT_SENDTO_CALL_FAILED DNS Server sendto() function failed. The data is the error.This is normally the result of a corrupt DNS cache file, %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\DNS\Cache.dns.
To fix the problem:
1. Open a CMD prompt and type net stop dns and press Enter. Use should receive: The Microsoft DNS Server service was stopped successfully.
2. Use Windows Explorer to browse to %SystemRoot%\System32\DNS\Samples. Copy the Cache.dns to the clipboard.
3. Browse to %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\DNS and Delete the Cache.dns file.
4. Using the Edit menu, press Paste to the copy the Cache.dns file.
5. Close Windows Explorer.
6. Use the CMD prompt to type net start dns and press Enter.
You should receive:
The Microsoft DNS Server service is starting. The Microsoft DNS Server service was started successfully.7. Exit the CMD session.