When you connect to a Windows 2000 member server in the same domain, you are prompted for credentials?
This can occur if a duplicate Service Principal Name (SPN) exists in the Active Directory.
01. Start / Run / Ldp.exe / OK.
02. Press Connection / Connect / OK, leaving the Server box empty.
03. Press Connection / Bind / OK, leaving all fields empty.
04. Press View / Tree / OK, leaving the BaseDN window empty.
05. Press Browse and Search.
06. Type the BaseDN. Since my domain is JSIINC.COM, I type DC=JSIINC,DC=COM.
07. Set the filter to serviceprincipalname=Host/<computername>.<DomainName>.<com>. I set mine to serviceprincipalname=Host/JSI001/JSIINC.COM.
08. Set the Scope to Subtree and press Run.
09. When you locate the duplicate SPN, use the Adsiedit.msc tool to go to the object, view the duplicate SPN value, and remove it.
10. Convert the member server from the domain to a workgroup.
11. Delete the server's computer account from the domain.
12. Join the server to the domain.