When you try to register a computer's DNS records, using the IPCONFIG /REGISTERDNS command, you receive:
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.
: Refreshing DNS names.
If you try netdiag /fix, you may receive:
LDAP unable to register SPN record for <FQDN>.
If your DHCP Client service is NOT started, you will experience this problem.
To resolve the problem:
1. Administrative Tools / Services.
2. Scroll to the DHCP Client service and select it.
3. Right-click and press Properties.
4. Select the General tab.
5. In the Startup type box, select Automatic.
6. Press the Start button.
7. Press OK.
8. Close the Services snap-in.
The DHCP Client service is responsible for performing the dynamic update for the host record. If the computer has a static IP address, the DHCP Client service also updates the reverse lookup record. The DHCP Client service MUST run on any computer that performs dynamic updates.