After connecting to a wireless network, Windows XP disconnects after a random amount of time.
This behavior may occur if the Enable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this network box is checked and there is no server to authenticate against.
To resolve this issue:
1. Start / Run / ncpa.cpl / OK.
2. Right-click your wireless network connection and press Properties.
3. Select the Wireless Networks tab.
4. Select your wireless network under Available networks and press Properties.
5. Select the Authentication tab.
6. Clear the Enable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this network check box.
7. Press Apply, OK, and OK.
If the above does not resolve your issue, remove and recreate your wireless network connect.