A. If you type
C:\> net statistics workstation
from the command prompt it will show you the time the workstation service started which does NOT necessarily reflect the last logon time as some sources would have you believe.
If you press Ctrl - Alt - Del then you will also be shown the logon date and time.
The best way is to use the Event Viewer:
- Start the Event Viewer (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer)
- From the File menu select Security
- Look for the latest event 528 which is a Success Audit
- Double click on it for complete information
You will need to ensure auditing is enabled for logon success and failure
- Start the User Manager (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - User Manager)
- Select Audit from the Policies menu
- Enable "Audit These Events" and select "Logon and Logoff" success and failure. Click OK
- Close User Manager