A. By default, the netlogon service on a domain controller (DC) registers dynamic DNS records to advertise Active Directory (AD) directory service services. However, you can disable this feature with a registry setting. Perform the following steps:
- Start regedit.exe.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters.
- If the UseDynamicDns value exists, double-click it, and set it to 0.
- If the UseDynamicDns value doesn't exist, from the Edit menu, select New, DWORD value.
- Enter a name of UseDynamicDns and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, and set it to 0.
- Click OK.
- Close regedit.
- Reboot the server.