A. To disable XP's automatic metric feature, perform the following steps:
- Open the Network Connections dialog box (go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, and select the Network Connections applet).
- Right-click the desired link, then select Properties.
- Select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)," then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Clear "Automatic metric," then enter a metric value between 1 and 9999.
Click here to view image
- Click OK to all dialog boxes.
- Ensure that the change has taken effect by typing
route printat the command prompt.