I believe in not doing work that is unnecessary.
Now, I do not mean being lazy or slacking off when I say avoid work if possible. I mean do not reinvent the wheel if it is not absolutely required to do so.
I am always on the lookout for resources to help me move forward with projects and other activities because they can give me a base to start from and then I can modify the resource to fit my unique needs and situations.
That is why I am a big fan of Microsoft's IT Showcase site because they have been there and done most of the things many of you are doing or will be doing in the future. Through the Microsoft IT Showcase they share those experiences, lessons learned and other materials so that you do not have to repeat those same mistakes.
The latest edition to the Microsoft IT Showcase is a collection of materials that layout the planning, deployment and post deployment support for the rollout of Windows 10 across Microsoft.
Here is an outline of this package, all of which is available for review and download from the Microsoft IT Showcase.
"Microsoft has learned many lessons from years of deploying major operating system updates to a globally diverse and highly mobile workforce. Among the most important is this: A technically sound base of code isn't enough. Successfully transitioning to a new technology also requires that organizations plan ahead with thoughtful and proactive communications, deploy the upgrade with expertise and speed, and support employees with post-deployment training and materials. The good news is we're here to help."
Plan - Readiness and Communication
- Timelines and schedules
- Digital promotions
- Intranet content
Deploy - Technical reference and documentation
- Deploying Windows 10 as an in-place upgrade
- Modern Deployment options in Windows 10
- New Windows 10 features enhance security and productivity at Microsoft
- Implementing strong user authentication with Windows Hello for Business
- Enabling remote access with Windows Hello for Business in Windows 10
- Transforming business applications using the Windows 10 universal app platform
Support - Post-deployment productivity
- Exploring Windows 10
- Shortcut keys for Windows 10
- Cortana for Windows 10
- Save and share files in the Cloud with OneDrive for Business in Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge
- Using Windows 10 Client Hyper-V
- Use reset to restore your Windows 10 PC
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Devs, and Devops? Check out IT/Dev Connections!