Q. What are some of the key new features in Microsoft Edge?
Some of the key features include the following:
- Web Notes - Enables interaction with web pages which enables them to be written on with various pens, highlighters and text boxes. It's possible to easily snip parts of a webpage which is then copied to the clipboard. Pages with web notes can be saved to the reading list/favorites (which saves it as a local HTML file) or to OneNote which will save as a picture
- Sharing - Pages can be shared which for regular web pages sends as a link or for pages with Web Notes an image of the page is sent to the recipient
- Hub - Easy access to the favorites, reading list, history and download history
- Reading view - Click the book icon to go into reading mode which removes the distractions of a page and opens a clean view of just the main content of the page with easier to read text which can be changed in both size and theme via the Microsoft Edge settings
- Integration with Cortana - If Cortana is enabled on the system there is integration between Microsoft Edge and Cortana in 3 key ways. Firstly type a question in the Microsoft Edge address bar such as "what is the weather outside" and the answer will present itself. If you right click on text selection on a webpage you can select Ask Cortana for help about the selected text. Finally certain pages will prompt Cortana to offer assistance, for example if you select a restaurant Cortana may offer to help in getting to the restaurant and helping make a reservation.