DotNetNuke has announced the availability of a new release of its content management system, DotNetNuke 6.2. The release now provides developers with the ability to configure and deploy internal and external social collaboration solutions and online communities for customers, partners, and employees. Developers can now build internal social networks to help improve collaboration and productivity. Likewise, DotNetNuke says that the release helps users create external communities that bolster engagement between customers and businesses.
- An activity feed that shows user interactions in a familiar social network interface.
- Developers can drive community engagement by implementing Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ social login capabilities.
- "Add Friend" and "Follow" controls are available to encourage social relationships.
- Private messaging can be enabled as an alternative communication method.
- SharePoint 2010 integration lets users easily publish enterprise documents to external sites.
DotNetNuke 6.2 is available in three different versions: Community, Professional and Enterprise Editions. In addition, the free Community Edition provides users with the ability to create online communities. Pricing starts at $2,499 for an annual Professional Edition subscription. Visit the DotNetNuke 6.2 product page to learn more.