DevExpress Announces Beta 1 of Silverlight Grid Control
DevExpress announced the first public beta of the AgDataGrid Suite for Silverlight. DevExpress developed the AgDataGrid Suite to fully exploit the power and flexibility of the Silverlight platform; it will ship with the following features:
- Data grouping against multiple columns
- Data sorting against multiple columns
- Comprehensive summary computation support against multiple columns
- Column movement
- Column resizing
- Column auto-width
- Row editing
- Row preview (with animation)
- Template support (for cell content, cell editing, row preview, and headers)
- Auto-height support for cells, headers, and totals
- Virtual StackPanel row container (simply means we are able to handle an unlimited number of rows)
- Focused row and focused cell
- Multi-row selection
- Cell text wrapping
- Vertical/Horizontal lines
- Multiple column types/editors
Beyond the features listed above, the DevExpress Silverlight grid control will ship with the following capabilities:
- Smart UI element management. AgDataGrid implements a smart loading and reorganization of the grid s inner UI elements to provide smaller control load times and faster data operations.
- Designed for future performance enhancements. Silverlight is all about client-side technology ... but if client/server interaction will be implemented in future versions, AgDataGrid is ready to delegate data processing to the server side.
- Higher-level abstraction. With unique measurement routines you don t have to think in terms of pixels which you do with the standard Silverlight grid. Just like other advanced controls for older platforms, you simply specify styles and fonts and all element sizes are automatically modified.
- Full animation support. Though the standard Microsoft Silverlight grid control s architecture doesn t support them, AgDataGrid fully supports animations for group row expansion, preview row display, and other operations.
The AgDataGrid Suite Beta is available for download from http://devexpress.com free of charge; it includes full source code. To learn more, visit http://www.devexpress.com/Products/NET/Controls/Silverlight/Grid/
Web Site: http://devexpress.com