A. To achieve maximum performance and minimize power consumption, there are a number of configuration steps you should take for your Windows client OSs:
- Ensure the latest service pack and hotfixes are installed, in addition to the latest version of virtualization integration components.
- Only use synthetic network adapters, not emulated (legacy) network adapters.
- Disable any screensavers that use CPU, such as 3D graphics—only use the blank screen screensaver.
- Disable any scheduled tasks that aren't required such, as backup and defragmentation.
- Disable Aero Glass unless you need it.
- Disable Windows Search and Superfetch.
- Try to avoid leaving unneeded users logged on.
All of these items are aimed at minimizing the CPU and memory overhead of the VMs and the parent partition.