Q: Is there a better Hyper-V Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager?
A: The basic System Center Hyper-V Management Pack for Hyper-V is very basic and not that useful for most organizations. Fortunately, there is a separate Hyper-V Management Pack Extensions 2012 available on CodePlex. It features performance monitoring and far more information, including the following:
- VMs Integration Services Version monitor
- Hyper-V Replica Health Monitoring Dashboard and States
- SMB Shares I/O latency monitor
- Hyper-V Hypervisor Logical processor monitoring
- Hyper-V Hypervisor Virtual processor monitoring
- Hyper-V Dynamic Memory monitoring
- Hyper-V Virtual Networks monitoring
- NUMA remote pages monitoring
- SLAT enabled processor detection
- Hyper-V VHDs monitoring
- Physical and Logical Disk monitoring
- Host Available Memory monitoring
- Stopped and Failed VMs monitoring
- Failed Live Migrations monitoring
The Management Pack can be downloaded from Codeplex. After downloading, just install like any other Management Pack, and once it's been downloaded by the Hyper-V servers, you will have the new views and data available.
Some of the new dashboards are also very helpful, particularly the Hyper-V Replica and Integration Services dashboard, as the screen shot below shows.