A. If you set MOM's discovery options to not install the MOM agent, you can install the agent at a later time by performing the following actions:
- Start the MOM 2005 Administrator Console and expand Administration, Computers, Unmanaged Computers (or Agentless Managed Computers if you want to install the agent on a computer currently managed without an agent).
- Right-click the computer and select Install Agent from the context menu.
- Click Next to the "Welcome to the Install Agent Wizard" screen.
- Select the account that will be used to install the agent. By default, this will be the Management Service Action Account. Leave default setting and click Next.
- You'll be prompted to select the account to be used for the Agent Action Account. Leave the default (Local System) and click OK.
- You'll be prompted to enter the path to be used as the destination for the agent installation. Leave the default setting and click Next.
- Make sure that the "Show task process" check box is selected and click Finish. The details about the agent installation will be displayed. After the installation is finished, click Close.