Q: I've submitted service requests in System Center Service Manager 2012 R2 that never change to "in progress." What can I do?
A: This problem is typically fixed by effectively flushing out the Service Manager cache, which is done as follows:
Stop the Service Manager core services:
- Microsoft Monitoring Agent (pre-System Center Service Manager 2012 R2)
- System Center Data Access Service
- System Center Management Configuration
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Service Manager\Health Service State and delete the content.
- Restart the three services from step 1.
- Ensure the content in C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Service Manager\Health Service State is recreated.
Service requests should now start flowing.