Skip navigation

SuperSite Blog Daily Update: November 15, 2010

Good morning.

Here's a really nice video showing a musical artist bringing a new song to life using Windows. There's precious little to complain about there, it's just a nice video. But I do have to wonder: Why wasn't he using OneNote (instead of a sharpie) to write the lyrics?  :)

Windows 7 Cloud + Andrew Belle from Keith Rivers on Vimeo.

Thanks to Craig C. for the link.


And speaking of nice videos, I've been amused to see how this video, also from Microsoft, has been received by the Apple-friendly media. That is, it's been received exactly as you'd expect: With derision. Despite the fact that the video humorously portrays a real limitation of the Mac (and an advantage for Windows; i.e. Blu-Ray disc playback), virtually all the coverage I've seen has been negative. For example: Microsoft Makes Fun of Apple and Microsoft Mocks Apple.

So is it true? Is Microsoft making fun of, or mocking, Apple? And did these same clowns come ripping after Apple during several years of acerbic and innacurate "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads? In all cases, no. Just watch the actual video for crying out loud. There's nothing wrong with it at all. (In fact, if anything, it's too nice.) But there is absolutely something wrong with the tech media.


In a bid to promote the Xbox 360's digital media capabilities, Microsoft is now claiming that the console is used for games only 60 percent of the time. But that's because the other 40 percent of the time, the console is in Mesquite, Texas getting fixed. :)


Microsoft today announced a casual games hub for its MSN, Bing, and Windows Live Messenger services.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.