A. A. When a file/folder is copied to a shared NTFS volume, a file Testdir.tmp is created and then automatically deleted. Sometimes the user performing the copy does not have delete permission on the shared NTFS volume and so the file is not deleted and has to be manually deleted by someone who has the delete privilege.
To fix this, give the Delete permission to the user or group who perform the copies.
- Logon to the machine that hosts the NTFS volume as an Administrator
- Start Explorer (Win + E)
- Right click on the NTFS volume and select Properties from the context menu
- Select the Security tab and click the Permissions button
- Click the Add button and select the user or group required
- Click OK
- In the main Permissions dialog box select the new user and in the "Type of access" box select "Special File Access"
- Check the "Delete" box and click OK
- Click OK to close the Permissions dialog box and OK again to close the drive properties dialog box