If you're looking for good SQL Server 7.0 information online, Microsoft provides a list of technical articles about SQL Server 7.0 at http://msdn.microsoft.com/developer/sqlserver. The following list gives the articles' title and description, but we encourage you to download the articles' full text.
- "Converting Databases to Microsoft SQL Server 7.0" provides information about the conversion of SQL Server 6.x databases to SQL Server 7.0.
- "Installing SQL Server 7.0" explains how to install SQL Server 7.0 and describes installation options, unattended installation, remote installation, Windows 98 and Win95 limitations, and additional tools available with SQL Server 7.0.
- "SAP R/3 Performance Tuning Guide for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0" discusses SQL Server 7.0's optimal configuration for the SAP R/3 environment.
- "Using Visual Studio 6.0 Database Tools with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0" explains how to use SQL Server 7.0 and the Visual Studio (VS) Database Tools to analyze data that different database management systems (DBMSs) output.
- "Accessing SQL Server 7.0 with Visual Studio 6.0" describes how developers can use VS 6.0 to create database applications for SQL Server 7.0.
- "Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Performance Tuning Guide" explains how to coax the most speed out of SQL Server 7.0. Topics include index selection, disk I/O subsystem tuning, and performance tuning tools.
- "Creating a Heterogeneous Query with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0" discusses how SQL Server 7.0's new linked-servers feature lets you issue distributed queries, updates, commands, and transactions against all the data sources across an enterprise (including Oracle), and return the results to one result set.
- "Authoring Stored Procedures with Visual Studio 6.0 and SQL Server 7.0" shows developers how to use the new database tools in VS 6.0 to create and edit SQL Server 7.0 stored procedures.
- "Versioning Stored Procedures with Visual Studio 6.0 and SQL Server 7.0" explains how to set up SQL Server 7.0, VS 6.0, and Visual SourceSafe (VSS) to support versioning, and walks you through the process of versioning a stored procedure.
- "Database Diagramming with Visual Studio 6.0 and SQL Server 7.0" explains how to use the new database diagram tool in VS 6.0 and SQL Server 7.0 and how to version your schema in VSS. This tool can help you visualize the structures of complex tables and relationships.
- "Microsoft SQL Server 7.0: Stored Procedure Debugging How-To" walks developers through the steps of using the SQL debugger that comes with Visual InterDev 6.0.