JetBrains Announces Free Professional Edition of TeamCity 3.0
JetBrains announced the general availability of TeamCity 3.0, their teamwork product for continuous integration and effective build management that supports both Java and .NET platforms. TeamCity automates and coordinates key collaborative processes to eliminate manual systems and delays. It provides tight integration with the most popular IDEs (IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, and Microsoft Visual Studio), version control systems, multiple build and test tools, real-time unit test reports, server-side inspections, and code coverage analysis.
TeamCity provides Build Grid with simultaneous multi-platform testing, Remote run, Pre-tested Commit, and other teamwork and productivity tools. This tool helps introduce agile practices into everyday teamwork. The new release builds on this and covers new ground, with many new features and improvements in existing functionality.
Small and medium-size development teams can now benefit from the redesigned licensing scheme, which makes TeamCity s innovative productivity, and quality-enhancing features, available at no cost. Two editions, Professional (free) and Enterprise, are now available to meet the specific needs of smaller and larger teams and projects.
The key new features of this release include:
- Per-project access rights with project roles an exclusive feature of the Enterprise edition.
- Build statistics charts, with declarative pluggable charts for user-defined metrics.
- Pre-tested commit from Visual Studio for Subversion.
- StarTeam support.
- .NET Duplicates finder for catching similar code fragments of your C# and Visual Basic .NET code.
- Java Inspections and Duplicates for Maven2 projects.
- Version Control labeling for Subversion, CVS, Perforce, StarTeam, and ClearCase.
- Hanging builds auto-detection and thread-dump capturing for quick feedback on Java and .NET builds problems.
- Display of build start/finish estimations in the build queue.
- Build tags for organizing and filtering builds.
To find out more about new features in TeamCity 3.0, visit http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/features/newfeatures.html?tc30pr. For more details about the new licensing scheme for Professional, Enterprise, and Open Source licenses, visit http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/?tc30pr. Current TeamCity users qualify for a free upgrade to the most feature-rich Enterprise edition. For details on upgrading, visit http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/index.html#upgradeuser?tc30pr.
Web Site: http://www.jetbrains.com