Last week Facebook held their annual F8 Developer Conference in San Francisco for over 2,600 attendees. Just like the developer event held by Microsoft a couple of weeks earlier bots received a lot of discussion at F8 along with several other areas, including Virtual Reality with Oculus, that Facebook is working on for their developer community.
If you were unable to attend in person, a lot of the sessions and talks were streamed live but now Facebook has made nearly 100 videos from the event available for on-demand viewing so that you can catch up with all the news that came out of the event.
Here is a summary of some of the key videos and articles about the content from F8.
- F8 2016 Day 1 Keynote
- F8 2016 Day 2 Keynote
- Designing at Facebook
- F8 Studio: Fireside chat with Oculus
- Optimizing 360 Video for Oculus
- Using Social Plugins to Drive Engagement
- Creating High Quality Sharing Experiences
- Building your Messenger Bot
- A Look at WhatsApp: Engineering for Success at Scale
- Push Notifications with Facebook Analytics for Apps
If you prefer to consume and learn by reading about the news from F8 then there is also a lot of published content available to you on the F8 Developer website.
- New Tools to Help you Build Better
- Introducing Graph API v2.6
- Grow Your App with Account Kit: Give People New Ways to Log In
- Share, Engage and Measure in New Ways
- F8 Reveals New Developer Tools & Services
- Facebook Analytics for Apps Adds Push Notifications and Deeper Insights
- How To Build Bots for Messenger
- Enabling Self Expression with Facebook's Profile Expression Kit
You can visit the Facebook Developers portal to find other information, tools, support and other developer related news from this year's F8 and how you can use Facebook technologies to improve your own apps and services that are tied into the social giant.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Devs, and Devops? Check out IT/Dev Connections!