Microsoft has delivered on its promise of releasing SharePoint 2016 Preview before the end of August. As we work through our evaluations of the new features and interface, several stories about the new version of the collaboration platform have caught our eye.
Here are five stories we didn’t write about SharePoint 2016 that we recommend you read:
1. The Register applied its unique take on SharePoint by noting the buzzwords that Microsoft has included in the documentation and other collateral: Cloud! Hybrid! Compliance! Collaboration! Search! Microsoft goes on and on, and so does The Register’s list.
2. Computerworld UK offers up a gallery of the new features in SharePoint 2016 (and notes that they are just a taste of what’s to come, according to Microsoft). From enhanced integrated search to the ability to upload files as large as 10GB or more, the new features are laid out nicely in the Computerworld slideshow.
3. Our sister site, Windows IT Pro, focuses on hybrid cloud search. The post, by Tony Redmond, notes that this Preview is a “kick-the-tires to see what it does” kind of release. Tony explains how hybrid cloud search works and what opportunities it could afford for your organization.
4. This week’s episode of “Office Mechanics” offers a first look at SharePoint Server 2016 in a video that Bill Baer embedded from his blog post announcing the release of the preview.
5. Microsoft Developer has published a post listing what’s been deprecated or removed from SharePoint Server 2016 IT preview.
Here's a link to the download. Let us know what you think and what resources you would recommend.