When you add memory, or manually cause the Initial Size of the pagefile to fall below RAM + 12, a temporary pagefile may be created in %SystemRoot%\System32. If this causes your freespace to fall below your Initial Size setting, the message will be generated.
To resolve the problem:
1. Control Panel / System.
2. Locate the Virtual Memory settings:
Windows NT - Performance / Change
Windows 2000 - Advanced / Performance / Change
3. Set the Initial Size and Maximum Size to 0.
4. After exiting Control Panel, Shutdown and restart your computer.
5. Use Control Panel / System to set the Initial Size and Maximum Size to the same value, and at least RAM + 12 for Windows NT or RAM * 1.5 for Windows 2000.
6. Upon restart, the temporary pagefile should be deleted.